ENiGMA½ 0.0.8-alpha Released!16 Jan 2018
ENiGMA½ 0.0.8-alpha has been released, merged to master as is available for install via all of the usual methods.
Some of the notable changes include:
- Mystic BBS style extended pipe color codes. These allow for example, to set “iCE” background colors.
- File descriptions (FILE_ID.DIZ, etc.) now support Renegade pipe, PCBoard, and other less common color codes found commonly in BBS era scene releases.
- New menu stack flags:
noHistorynow works as expected, and a new addition of
popParent. See the default
- File structure changes making ENiGMA½ much easier to maintain and run in Docker. Thanks to RiPuk (Dave Stephens)! See UPGRADE.md for details.
- Switch to pure JS xxhash instead of farmhash. Too many issues on ARM and other less popular CPUs with farmhash (Dave Stephens)
- Native CombatNet support! (Dave Stephens)
- Fix various issues with legacy DOS Telnet terminals. Note that some may still have issues with extensive CPR usage by ENiGMA½ that will be addressed in a future release.
- Added web (http://, https://) based download manager including batch downloads. Clickable links if using VTXClient!
- General VTX hyperlink support for web links
- DEL vs Backspace key differences in FSE
- Correly parse oddball
Via, etc. FTN kludge lines
- NetMail support! You can now send and receive NetMail. To send a NetMail address a external user using
Name <address>format from your personal email menu. For example,
Foo Bar <123:123/123>. The system also detects other formats such asa
Name @ address(
mb areafixcommand to quickly send AreaFix messages from the command line. You can manually send them from personal mail as well.
oputil.js fb rm|remove|del|deletefunctionality to remove file base entries
- Users can now (re)set File and Message base pointers
oputil.js fb scan
- Fix @watch path support for event scheduler including FTN, e.g. when looking for a
toss!.nowfile produced by Binkd.
…and LOTS more!