Welcome to ENiGMA½ BBS Software!
ENiGMA½ BBS was started in October 2015, driven through a lack of diversity in the BBS scene and no modern open source solutions being available. You can read the original Reddit annoucement here.
ENiGMA½ is written in Node.js, and has a very active development community. Lead by NuSkooler, numerous other developers have since contributed to the ENiGMA codebase and multiple boards have started to appear in the scene!
Some key features;
- Multi platform: ENiGMA½ works anywhere Node.js runs (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OS X and Windows)
- Message networks with FidoNet Type Network (FTN) + BinkleyTerm Style Outbound (BSO) message import/export.
- Gazelle inspired File Bases including full text search, #tags, and HTTP(S) temporary download URLs using a built in web server. Legacy X/Y/Z modem also supported!
- Door support including common dropfile formats for legacy DOS doors. Built in BBSLink, DoorParty, Exodus and CombatNet support!
- Telnet, SSH, and both secure and non-secure WebSocket access built in.
- MCI code support for lightbars, toggles, input areas etc.